Last week, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Musings of the Amusing Muse, a fellow model who was recently nominated for the award herself. Pretty cool! It’s actually my very first blogger award, even after this long, so yea, thanks so much for thinking of me! Now that I’ve finally gotten some time to write about this… haha!
As part of being nominated, there are some rules I have to follow in order to fully accept the award. These rules also apply to folks I nominate for the award as well. It’s kind of one of those things that keep it fun and keep it going.
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
- Add the versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post.
Not really all that hard, though I feel like finding 15 new blogs is going to be a challenge for me… but we’ll see. Anyway, onto the fun stuff!
7 Random Things About Me
- I’ve had glasses since I was 5, and up until 2 years ago wasn’t a candidate for Lasik because my eyes were still changing regularly. I’m still too afraid to get Lasik though.
- I’ve protested in front of 3 stores that sell puppies to raise awareness about puppy mills. Of those 3 stores, only one is still in business.
- I have 5 nieces and nephews, and love being the “cool aunt” who goofs around with them.
- My husband and I were together for 9 years before we got married.
- Growing up (and well into high school) I never thought I was pretty. Even now, I feel I’m more photogenic than pretty.
- I have over 80 pairs of shoes.
- I have a bedroom converted into a closet and dressing area. It’s pink. I call it “my boudoir”.
15 Recently Discovered Blogs I Enjoy Reading
I’ve kinda been on a fashion and crafty kick lately, with the startup of Suburban Style Challenge (don’t worry, I won’t nominate myself, haha), so… here you go.
- *Right-Click Save* A fashion blogger who concentrates on showing how she duplicates looks and how she wears trends. It’s fun, and she always has great ideas.
- Thanks, I Made It A DIYer who makes all kinds of wonderful crafty things, from glittery things to refashioning thrifted dresses into fab new frocks.
- Fab Fatale She focuses mostly on beauty stuff, but I became hooked on Manicure Mondays, where she shares mani ideas (with pics) and talks about new polishes she’s picked up.
- Caffeinerd A fashion blogger who doesn’t just post outfits, but shares recipes, wishlist items, and other fun stuff she does. I met her at a clothing swap and she’s super sweet.
- Dating in the QC A hilarious blog written by an anonymous girl in the Quad Cities about her dating life.
- SheerGlitz A blog dedicated mostly to fashion and beauty, sharing inspirations, ideas, and more.
- Laced in Leather This blog showcases celebrities, fashion, beauty, and behind-the-scenes stuff in an awesomely colorful way.
- Into-Mind A blog about psychology, fashion, DIY, and inspiration. A most interesting read on a regular basis.
- Project PEAR Promoting equality, awareness and respect. An excellent blog with a great message.
- DeliaSophia: The Model While this isn’t necessarily a blog I recently discovered, I always enjoy reading what she writes, and it’s well-written and excellent advice for models.
- NiftyThriftyGoodwill A great blog about thrifting, and how to look great without spending a ton of money.
- Not Just Mom Another fashion blogger I met at a clothing swap (also super sweet), she focuses on what she wore, and shares her challenges staying fashionable as a working mom.
- Lifevesting Always an interesting read, focusing on fashion, beauty, and other things that make the soul happy.
- Dress With Courage Another fashion blogger, but she’s a little different. She doesn’t just post her outfits, she also talks about body image and her struggles with it. An inspiration.
- Style Me Cheaply This blogger talks about more than just fashion, going into things like home decorating. Always enjoy when her posts come into my inbox.
There you have it. 15 new blogs (or blogs I’ve recently discovered) that I think you should check out, and that I think are worthy of the Versatile Blogger Award. So have at it, check them out while I let them know how awesome I think they are!