Kind of a random post for me, but I made this set on Polyvore last week and thought it would be a good one to share with other models 🙂 It’s my list of 25 fall essentials for 2010.
Here they are, by number:
- Motorcycle jacket. Great for cooler days, layering, and goes with everything—even dresses.
- Draped cardigan. Another great layering piece that works with pretty much everything. Best in a neutral color.
- Basic turtleneck sweater. Great with jeans, skirts and even leggings.
- Plaid shirt. Cute with leggings and jeans, nice for layering.
- Blazer. A general wardrobe staple for me, but great for layering, over dresses, and with any bottoms. Easy to accessorize as well.
- Dolman sleeve sweater. Pretty with skirts and pants alike, easy to accessorize, and great in neutral colors.
- Military inspired vest. Great for layering, and military is in right now.
- Little black dress. Whatever looks best on you, a little black dress is necessary.
- Sweater dress. Solids and neutrals work best and go great over leggings, tights and skinny jeans. If you get a nice sweater dress you can even dress it up.
- Skinny jeans. Great for tucking into boots and go with pretty much everything.
- Jeggings. As much as I hate the word, I love the pant! Great with nearly everything, and perfect for tucking into tall OTK boots.
- Flare jeans. Great with flats or heels, and pretty much anything else. Flares are my go-to jeans for going out.
- Khakis. Great for work but also nice for days you want to be comfy and lay around but still look cute. Find a pair that works both with other neutrals and bold colors.
- Black pencil-like skirt. Great for layering over tights, with sweaters, and easy to dress up or down.
- Neutral A-line skirt. I found one with pleats that works great both casual and dressed up.
- Various tights. I’m a fan of lacy tights, solid neutrals, and texture. All are great under dresses, long tops, and skirts.
- Scarves. Great for adding both a bit of texture and a little extra warmth, and work with pretty much any tops, and even dresses. I’m a fan of both florals and plaids.
- Nail polish. Right now, I’m obsessed with “greige”, deep sparkly neutral colors, and greys.
- OTK boots. I have 2 pairs, one flat leather pair and one heeled suede pair. Both are great with leggings, tights, or skinny jeans, and can be dressed up or down. I do try to always keep my legs covered to avoid the “skank” look.
- Fold-over knee-high boots. This year, instead of my trusty black knee-high boots, I went with a neutral color that works with light and dark denim, browns, olives, and blacks. Knee boots work with skinny jeans, leggings, tights… pretty much everything. Even under flare jeans sometimes.
- Chucks. My trusty Chucks. Great for casual days… I pretty much wear them whenever I don’t feel like dressing up. They work with everything.
- Oxfords. Great for when I want to wear flats but don’t want to wear Chucks. They even work with skirts.
- Clog boots. Great with jeans, dresses, skirts, leggings, tights, whatever. A great pair of boots that are easy to dress up or down, and go with pretty much everything.
- Statement pumps. I have a pair similar to this, and love wearing them with neutrals to add a punch of color.
- Nude pumps. These have replaced my black pumps for now as my go-to safe dress shoe. They work with pretty much everything and make my legs look longer. Win-win!