The following is from Renee Blaine, also known as The Original Sin. She’s a nude and fetish model who, to put it bluntly, really knows her shit. She’s been modeling professionally for quite some time now, and does a lot of mentoring on various modeling sites. Renee has stumbled across something very serious, thanks to a new model who asked her about this scumbag. A known predator is looking for more victims…
Heads up for the mentors AND those in need of mentoring. I got an email from one of the girls I’ve been mentoring last night, had to wait until I was out of the brig to post.
Al Carter, the infamous Conglomarattii Entertainment scammer, is out there and back in business, calling himself “Brian” now. I’m happy to share all details I have, you can do a Google search, or you can simply contact the Leon County Sherriff’s Office (LCSO) in Tallahassee, FL for information.
Folks, this guy IS a danger to women. I’ve personally nearly fallen for his scam- I was lucky that I had a concussion from a fall off a horse that day. Otherwise I would have gone alone, and been assaulted as others have been. As it was, I had to threaten to stab him with my shoe before he would step aside and let me pass to leave. He has been removed from MM repeatedly.
His MO is simple- he offers good money for glamour nude/implied nude or urban glamour work. You get there, he rushes you to sign the contract before the shoot. MOST don’t read the release. Inserted in the release is a clause stating that you have been told and agree to all content shot.
He proceeds to rape on camera. This is verifiable- he showed the tapes to LCSO, called the girls “stupid bitches” and laughed, because he has the release, signed before the shoot, that makes everything legal. He usually just tosses the girls out with a few threats afterwards, occasionally he gives them bad checks.
He tried to get me to sign a release for him before the shoot. I refused, he got insulting. He then tried to get me to shoot “implied” sexual nudes (at a time I did not shoot nude) with him as the “male model”. When I refused, he started getting loud, my driver banged on the door, and I got out of there. That was three years and a bit ago.
If he contacts you, contact LCSO. Let them know he is doing this, and encourage them to stop him. He mainly focuses on FL/GA/AL models, new to MM, who have email addresses on their profiles, but he has gone further afield in the past- I know one girl was from NC.
First, and most importantly, this is a perfect example of why models must read releases before they sign them and why models should not sign releases prior to shooting. Please please please don’t sign before you shoot, and read everything you are signing! Because he has signed releases, it seems it doesn’t matter what he’s doing to the models he manages to lure in, which is scary as hell!
Edit, Jan 3, 2011: A friend of mine brought up a couple very valid points regarding the above paragraph. Here’s what he said:
1. It is quite common for releases to be signed before a shoot, and in fact many commercial clients and ad agencies insist on it. Lots of MM photographers do also, although they generally have BS reasons for it. If a model reflexively refuses to sign a release pre-shoot, or takes it as a sign of some kind of predator or scam, it could cause her to lose real opportunities.
2. Although I think it’s a worthless procedure and do not recommend it, a lot of photographers have paragraphs in their releases in which the model states that she willingly posed as she did and the shoot was conducted in a professional manner. Those that have these clauses invariably get all emotional about them if asked to take them out, and mostly they are perfectly harmless people who just have gotten some bad advice.
So perhaps I should amend my above statement to read, “Models, always read releases before you sign them, and if you have questions about parts of them, ask. You can also ask to see the release ahead of time and review it prior to the shoot date, which gives you ample time to ask questions about it as well. And of course, if you’re not comfortable signing something, don’t sign it, but be aware that this may cause you to miss out on opportunities.”
Second, here is some more information on him, as well as links to stories others have of him:
- Names Used: Aldonnius “Al” Carter, Brian, Darius Fryson
- Company Name: Conglomarattii Entertainment, Inc.
- Possible Secondary Company Name: New Urban World Entertainment
- Possible Address: 3402 N Ridge Rd Tallahassee, FL 32305
- Commonly Used Email: Mrceo20@aol.com
- Possible Secondary Emails: Mrceo20@yahoo.com, ABC000002@aol.com
- Phone: 1.850.524.1511, 1.850.877.3203
- Yahoo: abc002_32301
- Website: http://www.blackplanet.com/AROCK/
- FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/aldonnius.carter
- MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/conglomarattiirecords
- 2nd MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/industrytakeover
- Rip Off Report: Al Carter Conglomarattii
- Model Mayhem Thread: Models BEWARE!!!
- Model Mayhem Thread: This man is a danger, watch out.
- Model Insider Thread: Confirmed Sexual Predator On The Prowl In FL Area
- Model Brigade Thread: Scam Info
- Pat Yuen’s Blog
And finally, here’s the Leon County Sheriff’s Office contact information. I urge you to call if you have any information on this guy, or if you are contacted by him. You should also call if you are in this guy’s area (typically FL, GA and AL) and want more information.
- Phone: 1.850.922.3300
- Address: 2825 Municipal Way, Tallahassee, FL 32304-3807
EDIT (12/6/2010): I have been contacted via comment on this blog (which remains in “approve me” suspended animation) by a Howard Cook ESQ, claiming to be Al Carter’s lawyer. The comment asks me to remove the post, or I’ll be sued for “malicious slander” (exact wording). I did a little bit of research, with the help of a friend, and discovered that the only Howard Cook ESQ currently practicing law is in North Haledon, NJ. He does not know anything about Al Carter, and is not representing him. There is no Howard Cook, or even H. Cook, practicing law in the state of FL.
That said, unless I receive an official letter from Mr. Carter’s real lawyer, at the very least to my inbox at email@example.com, I will not be removing the above information. I will verify any letter I get with the party who sends it, and will be contacting the LCSO to verify the information as well. So please feel free to email me at the address above. Comments from “lawyers” will be ignored… largely because I know that’s not how lawyers do things. Thanks!